Pre-first step: Always make sure your CodMayaTools are up-to-date from this link: CodMayaTools
This tutorial goes over properly exporting an animation for the Call of Duty series in Maya.
This tutorial assumes you've already followed: Proper Import or have already created a custom animation.
Next follow these instructions in-order:
- If you are exporting a weapon anim, continue below, otherwise skip to step 2
- If you're exporting an animation that is NOT an ads you need to select the tag_cambone and the tag_torso tags (as shown)
- Then go to Edit->Select Hierarchy
- If you're exporting an ads animation, you must select ONLY tag_view and tag_torso
- If you've gotten here, skip to step 3.
- This applies to none weapon animations, continue below
- Select tag_origin or whatever root bone your model has
- After selecting the proper joints go to Edit->Select Hierarchy to select the child bones (as shown)
- Continue to step 3
- The file step is exporting the animation using CodMayaTools
- Go to Call of Duty Tools->Export XAnim and you will be presented with the export menu.
- First, you must enter in the end frame time, as shown below you can find that time here:
- Enter that in the second box from the top (Will be shown below)
- Next, either use the Grab notes feature to get notetracks, or enter them in manually.
- Finally select a path to save the file using the ... button. Below you'll see a completed export window
- Click on Export Selection to save the animation.